- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting
April 30, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
It’s that time of year again.
The Cranbrook Archives, Museum and Landmark Foundation would like to invite its members to register for our Annual General Meeting. Once again we will be holding our meeting virtually via Zoom. This year we will be using the Meeting format rather than Webinar so that we can see all our lovely members. Once you register and we check your membership status we will email you the meeting documents to review. These will include the Agenda, 2019 AGM Minutes and the Updated CAMAL Constitution and Bylaws to be reviewed and confirmed by the Membership (you may also view the documents below).
For our tracking for Societies BC it is important that each member register individually.
Amendments to the Constitution:
- Re-formatted to conform with Societies Act: Articles moved into Bylaws
- Change of name from Cranbrook Archives Museum and Landmark Foundation to Cranbrook Archives Museum and Landmark Society
- Refined statements of purpose
Amendments to the Bylaws:
- Extensive re-write incorporating provisions from the Provincial Gov’t Model Bylaw, as well as current Constitution and Policies while maintaining general intent.
- Part 3 – membership: provision for Group was removed, Single Parent and Benefactor added.
- Part 6 – references to staff positions amended to reflect current organizational structure.
- Part 8 – Board Positions – limitation of 3 consecutive terms or officers, requirement for anyone elected as Chair to have served as an officer for a minimum of 1 year. (Change from no Director shall serve more than 3 consecutive terms).
- Part 11 – provision requiring a Special Resolution for borrowing greater than $50K.
Become an advocate for Cranbrook’s heritage & culture
Join the Board of Directors!
What would you do if elected?
- Actively participate in a Board Meeting once per month.
- Prepare a monthly report if you hold a portfolio, or submit items of interest for discussion. Contribute your expertise and insights on ongoing projects.
- Participate in the business of the Cranbrook Archives, Museum and Landmark Foundation focusing on program development, membership engagement, fundraising and many other unique opportunities.
For more information email: email@example.com