Cranbrook History Centre Courtyard Project
The Cranbrook History Centre requires a hard surfaced, pedestrian friendly area between the Royal Alexandra Hall and The Heritage Railcar Building including access to a paved museum road. Designs for a second phase are under review and will include access to the corridor between two sets of railcars and appropriate safety railings.
Phase 1 Design:
- Finished surface at railcar side level with existing wood access ramp.
- Finished surface at Royal Alexandra Hall feathered to door sill.
- < 1% slope to centre for drainage to road as per sketch.
- Emergency exit hardware on gate leading to road.
- Minimum 3” reinforced concrete pad with thickened edges as per attached sketch.
- “Broomed” surface or equivalent.
- Regrading of existing gravel surface.
- Removal of three footings.
- Quotes for Phase 1 of the project are being accepted until the close of business April 23rd.
- Completion of Phase 1 is required by May 30th.
- Prospective bidders are requested to arrange a visit to the site prior to submitting their quote.
Bob Whetham, Board Chair: 250 489-4365
Honor Neve, Chief Curator: 250 489-3918